Get Staffed Up Senior In-house Legal Counsel
The Senior In-house Legal Counsel (SILC) will provide quality, accurate and relevant advice on the whole spectrum of legal matters that apply to our business and our services.
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business, which will include dealings in eight (8) countries in Latin America and South Africa. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
The SILC will have several key responsibilities, including:
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights across many countries
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
The ILC preferences:
- Sound understanding and knowledge of commercial and corporate law.
- At least 4+ years of experience as an employment lawyer working in-house or in a leading firm.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
- The ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business.
- The ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand.
- The ability to work in a highly autonomous role.
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or Bachelor’s in Business Administration will be considered an advantage.
Professional dress and representation are required.
The company has no office; the position is remote.
Compensation: Very comfortable salary higher than competitors.
How to apply:
- Fill out our application HERE and link the necessary documents.
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire ad. If you decide to apply we look forward to meeting you.